Plush-a-holic

Hey...it's me Dawn from www.LookWhatICanDo.etsy.com. I am a self proclaimed Plush-a-holic soooo (meaning I love to make stuffed creatures and collect other handmade ones)I thought why not name my blog that. So I did. I will be sharing my thoughts, the works of other artists I think are amazing, tidbits about my family and my life and of course Plush creations (Love=Creatures) by myself and those that inspire me.

Monday, September 05, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEMPHIS!!!!






ot























I can hardly believe that 10 years ago...tomorrow this amazing girl came into our lives. She is pure magic!!!
She lives in her own head a lot and we think that's amazing...she is so creative, caring and a joy to have in our lives. She was always a bit shy and watched people intently. She has loved to draw/color in and create ever since she could hold a crayon. She has had a flair for dressing and loves to be in costume. She loves to explore the outdoors and has been know to document the comings and goings of all the animals that have spent time in our yard/apartment courtyard. She is very cautious and caring. When she was about 3 years old she told us she wanted to be an Architect and a Children's book illustrator. She also said she never wanted to move out and she would one day build us a house (at the time we lived in an apartment) that was big enough for all 3 of us and we could live together for all the days of our lives. Her love for books has always been big and she adores all animals. When she was in first grade a girl that was older than her and she had never met punched her in the face. She did not want to make a scene so she held her tears in. At the time she had about 3 capes I had made for her and she would wear them on the weekends when we would go places. She loved that it made her get noticed and she felt special. Well the day after she was punched in the face she started wearing them to school. Her teacher Mr. P (who we LOVE) said it was okay and she has worn a cape everyday since. She now has 20 something... She loves friendly monsters and making up stories about them and her rock collection is fierce. For the first 7 years of her life she was an only child...and then 5 month before she was 8 along came Mr. Soren. She was instantly a very proud and loving sister and it changed her so much. She had a very strong sense of pride and her confidence really grew. She was my first baby, the first light of my life and her Poppy and I adore her. There is so much more I could share but for now I will just wish her a Happy BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!
We love you Memphis!!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Congrats Mama and HAPPY BIRTHDAY Miss Memphis!!!! 10 is such an awesome number! 10 fingers! 10 toes! 10 years of Memphis! What a special gal!

10:44 AM  
Blogger Natalie said...

Happy 10th Birthday Super Memphis!!! I hope it was a blast. What a super post... her sweetness & good heart come through in all her photos & her art is amazing!!!
Hugs, Nat
xoxoxo

8:42 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

Happy 10th Birthday Memphis!!! I hope it was a blast from morning til night.
Hugs, Natalie
xoxoxo
psst... such a sweet post just like the bday girl.

8:44 PM  
Blogger Kitty Vane said...

Super happy 10th birthday to the most super of all super heros, Super Memphis!

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home